||Dr. Shrikant Yeshwant Wagh
Reg. No. :
||M.D (Medicine) L.T.M Medical College, Mumbai (1982).
Tejas Apartments, 1078, Shukrawar Peth, Tilak Road, Pune 411002.
|Rheumatology Training :
- One year training in G.S. Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai (2005-2006).
- Post Graduate Certificate Course in Rheumatology- Indian Medical Association (IMA AKN Sinha Institute, New Delhi), Feb 2007
- EULAR Online Course on Rheumatic Diseases, European League Against Rheumatism, Zurich, Switzerland, 2007-2009 (85% marks)
- EULAR Online Course on Connective Tissue Diseases, European League Against Rheumatism, Zurich, Switzerland, 2009-2010 89 %marks)
- Ten topics in Rheumatology Asia (PG course) : Singapore July 2008
- 10th EULAR Postgraduate Course in Rheumatology, Krefeld, Germany (Sept 2008)
- Fourth EULAR Course on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Pisa, Italy (Aug 2009)
- Pediatric Rheumatology Training – Indian Academy of Pediatrics (Rheumatology Chapter), Mumbai (Sept 2009)
- Osteoporosis Workshop – International Osteoporosis Foundation and Indian Society for Bone Mineral Research – Mumbai (Oct 2009)
Other Training Programs:
National Rheumatology Workshops, Osteoporosis, Spondyloarthropathy, Interventional Rheumatology (Joint Injections), Immunology, Disease Activity Assessment, Clinical Examination, Joint Sonography, PH in Scleroderma, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Venous Thrombosis, Radiation Synovectomy
Indian Rheumatology Association conferences (2005 -2010), International Lupus Congress (2007), Pediatric Rheumatology Conferences (2006, 2007)
Resident House Officer in General Medicine at TNMC and B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital,
Bombay (Dr. V. R .Joshi, Rheumatologist) Sept. 1979 to Feb. 1980.
Registrar in General Medicine at GSMC and K.E.M Hospital, Bombay (Dr. G.H. Tilwe Rheumatology Services) March 1982 to Aug. 1982.
- Rheumatologist at Sancheti Institute of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Pune (since July, 2005).
- Consultant Rheumatologist at Ruby Hall Clinic. (May, 2006 to February 2010)
- Rheumatologist , Poona Hospital and Research Centre, Pune. (since May, 2006)
- Honorary Rheumatologist, Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College, Pune. (January, 2007 to September 2008)
- Consultant in Rheumatology, Jehangir Hospital, Pune (since May 2007)
- Consultant Rheumatologist, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune (since September 2007).
- Private Rheumatology Practice since March 2006.
- Panel Rheumatologist, Tata Motors Limited
- Clinical practice in Internal Medicine since 1983. This includes appointment as specialist Physician in Central Health Scheme, Bombay (1983-84). Previously worked as Consultant Physician at Poona Hospital and Research Centre (1988-2007), Sane Guruji Hospital (1987-91), Seth Tarachand Hospital (1993-98) and V.P. Nanal Hospital (1985-2005). Panel Consultant, Tata Motors Ltd.
One year and three months as Registrar at Municipal General Hospitals, Bombay (1980- 82)
Research Activities/Clinical Trials:
- Principle Investigator(Rheumatologist), Jehangir Clinical Development Center, Pune
- Nominated for Best Site of the Year Award (2009) – Indian Society for Clinical Research
- Training: Clinical trials workshop (IRACON 2008), ICSR Investigator Workshop (2010), Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (Catalyst Clinical Services 2010-11)
- Completed studies: SLE renal disease, Rheumatoid arthritis (1)
- Ongoing studies: Active Rheumatoid Arthritis non responsive to Methotrexate (3 studies), Methotrexate versus Study Drug in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Attended Principle Investigator Training Pragrams :
- Osteoarthritis (Jun 2007)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis unresponsive to Methotrexate (Feb 2009)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis unresponsive to Methotrexate (May 2010)
- Planned studies: Active Rheumatoid Arthritis non responsive to methotrexate, active psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus Erythematosus(2 studies), osteoporosis and knee osteoarthritis
Publications in Lay Press and others:
- Over 30 publications including a chapter in API Textbook of Medicine (IV Ed) and another in Manual of Rheumatology (IRA III Ed 2009)
- Osteiitis condensans ilei Pictorial CME J Assn Phy India 2010; 58:41
- 6 Case Reports in Rheumatology Principles and Practice (Jaypee Brs Publishers) 2009
- Lectures in 8 symposia and read research papers in four international conferences.
- Editor, PHRC Bulletin (Special Rheumatology Issue) Oct-Dec 2006, Poona Hospital & Research Centre, Pune Kasturba Health Society deleted
- Lectures for doctors, orthopedic surgeons and general public on rheumatologic issues (arthritis, joint pains, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, pain management, etc)
- Chairperson for scientific sessions IRACON2006 (Lucknow), APICON2007 (Goa) and IRACON2008 (Pune)
- Participation in Rheumatology Training Programs for family doctors,M.S. (Ortho) and D.N.B. (Medicine and Orthopedics) students.
- Organised Rheumatology training programs for family doctors
Rheumatology Patient Education:
- Osteoporosis Shariratala guptashatru (Marathi) Deerghayu 2005
- Osteoporosis ani Asthikshaya Madhujeevan
- Lead Poisoning due to Traditional (Ayurvedic) Medication, P. Mishra et al, Rubypulse, Aug 2006
- Sandhedukhi (Marathi) Deerghayu 2006
- Why this special Rheumatology issue? (Editorial) PHRC Bulletin Oct 2006
- Approach to Arthritis, PHRC Bulletin Oct 2006
- Samasya Sandhiwatachi (Marathi) Sakal Pune Oct 2006
- Laboratory investigations in arthritis, GPCON 2006 Souvenir
- Chikungunya and other viral arthritides, Rubypulse Feb 2007
- Rheumatology (Sandhivaatache Shashtra) Vedana aani Anand (Marathi) PHRC Bulletin Jan 2007
- Rheumatic Fever-Diagnosis and Management, PHRC Bulletin April 2007
- Shanghaichi Anter-rashtriya Lupus Parishad. Lokmat, 3 June 2007
- Lupus Congress- Shanghai. PHRC Bulletin, July 2007
- Sandhiwatasathi Sangeetopchar (Marathi) Lokmat October 2007
- Paraneoplastic Rheumatologic Syndromes, PHRC Bulletin, October 2007
- Tondche Pani Palawnara- Sjogren’s Syndrome, Sakal (Family Doctor) 25 January 2008
- Vedana ani Samvedana- PHRC Bulletin January 2008, Arogya Darpan Diwali 2008
- Mootrapind, Lupus ani Abetimus, Sakal (Family Doctor), March 2008
- Rheumatology- Ka ani Kontya ajaransathi - PHRC Bulletin, April 2008
- Samna Chikungunyachya Sandhiwatashi, Sakal (Family Doctor), June 2008
- Rheumatology Kashasathi (I and II), Sakal (Family Doctor), August 2008
- Sandhiwatache Prakar, Sakal (Family Doctor), October 2008
- Sujeche Sandhiwat Ani Bharatiya Vaidyak, Sakal (Family Doctor), October 2008
- Kadak Kambareche Dukhane, Sakal (Family Doctor), February 2009
- Majboot Hadansathi Soorya Prakash, Sakal(Family Doctor), March 2009
- Sandhivatacha Hatti, Loksatta, October 2009
- Pathiche Dukhne, AarogyaDarpan, Diwali 2009
- Gout – Vinchu Chawala Ho, PHRC Bulletin, April 2010
Founder Chairman, ‘Know Your Arthritis – KYA Foundation’ a registered charitable trust for development of public awareness about arthritis and related diseases and patient education.
8 English and over 20 Marathi articles on various rheumatology topics in lay press and other publications for patient awareness
Public lectures on arthritis in selected groups e.g. senior citizens
Development of a new website (www.arthritis-india.com) for patient education containing exhaustive information on various rheumatology topics in English and Marathi.
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Rheumatology Association
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics – Rheumatology Chapter
- Indian Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- National Integrated Medical Association
- Association of Integrated Medical Specialists of India
- Akhil Bharatiya Ayurveda Maha-Sammelan
- Rashtriya Shikshan Mandal
- B.A.M.& S. - Tilak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, University of Pune
- M.A.Sc. – Master of Ayurvedic Science (Rognidan, Kayachikitsa, Modern Medicine & Therapeutics) R.A.Podar Medical College, (Ayur.) Mumbai, University of Pune
Awards and Honours:
- Fellow of Institute of Indian Medicine (1999)
- Ayurveda Varidhi (Doctorate), European Ayurveda Academy(2007)
- Best Ayurveda Research Guide Award (2007), European Ayurveda Academy
- International Ayurveda Bhooshan Award, Deerghayu International (2010)
- R.A.Podar Medical College (Ayur.) Worli, Bombay. (1976-77)
- Tilak Ayurveda Mahavidalaya ,Pune (1985 to 2002)
- Padmashree D.Y.Patil College of Ayurveda, Pimpri, Pune (2002-06)
- Post graduate Teacher, University of Pune (1987-2002), 20 Students.
- Ph.D. Guide, Tialk Maharashtra University (2007 Onwards)
- Guide for Research Members of Institute of Indian Medicine, Pune (1986 Onwards)
- Sane Guruji Rugnalaya , Hadapsar , Pune (1987-91)
- Seth Tarachand Ramnath Hospital , Rasta Peth, Pune (1993-98)
- V.P.Nanal Hospital , Karve Road, Pune (1985-2002)
- Padmashree D Y Patil Ayurveda Hospital, Pimpri, Pune (2003-06)
- Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Ayurveda, University of Pune (1985-88)
- Member, Managing Committee, Tilak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Pune (1990-95)
- Member, Managing Committee, Ayurveda Rasahala, Pune (1985-90)
- Member, Managing Committee, V.P.Nanal Hospital, Pune ( 1985 to 2005)
- Examiner (University of Pune ) – B.A.M.S. and M.D. (Ayurveda) Examinations
- Invited speaker Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha
- Attended various National & International Seminars & Conferences.
- Lectures in International Ayurveda Conferences
- 30 publications on different topics in various Ayurveda magazines including a chapter in a recognized textbook
- A series of articles on ‘Links between Ayurveda and Modern Medicine’ published in Dhanwantari magazine
- Rheumatology and Indian Systems of Medicine: Manual of Rheumatology, 3rd Ed (2009), Indian Rheumatology Association, Indian Rheumatology Association (Chapter in Book)
(Also read a literary Marathi aricle on - A Doctor Learning Music)
Sangeet Alankar (2007) Postgraduate Qualification (Over 90 Ragas and other training)- Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Mumbai
(Guru: Pandit Narayan Waman Diwan, Pune – Gwaliar Gharana)
Present training under Guru Pandit Vikas Kashalkar
Distinction at Sangeet Visharad Final examination (80% marks)
Development of a new Raga (Yashnarayan) and new compositions in light and classical music
Various stage performances in light and Indian classical vocal music
Various prizes in school, college and other competitions including –
- Maha-Kavi Kalidas Intercollegiate Music Competition (1974)
- Soor- Sanvardhan Music Competition (1998)
- Late Pandit Jayawantrao Mirajkar Memorial Foundation Music Competition (1999)
- Late Pandit Vasudeorao Kulkarni Award – Saraswati Sangeet Vidyalaya (2003)
- Music Therapy for Arthritis
- Gwalior Gharana (Booklet in Marathi) – Parampara, Pravah ani Parivartan
- Poojya Guruji – Gan-Narayan (2002)
- Editor of Book – Gana-Narayan, Saraswati Sangeet Vidyalaya Golden Jubilee Memorial Publication
- Founder Secretary, Geet-Rang (Organization for promotion of Music) – Stage shows with various themes including Marathi Gazal (Rang Vegala) and rare songs of Late Sudhir Phadake (Anokhe Babuji)
- Organization of Intercollegiate Music competition
- Secretary, Saraswati Sangeet Vidyalaya Golden Jubilee Committee
|Regular Yoga practice
Studies for Diploma in Yoga (Yoga Vidyapeeth, Nashik) – 2 Examinations passed with distinction
Special interest in Yoga for arthritis and other rheumatologic diseases
- Yoga for voice culture
- Yoga for Back Pain
- Rheumatology and Yoga
Dr. Shrikant Wagh
M. D. (Medicine),M. A. Sc. (Kaya-Chikitsa)
Pune,Maharashtra State, India.
||New Marathi book (Sandhivatache Dukhane) containing comprehensive information about arthritis and related problems is now released.
|read more ...
||KYA foundation has recently released second edition of Marathi exercise-book
|read more ...
|| Archive ||